GuardRFID is a small, profitable organization specializing in solutions requiring real time tracking of people and assets. It has successfully grown to annual sales of over $5M in the past few years. GuardRFID’s solutions track and locate equipment, materials and people for enhanced automation, workflow, monitoring and security solutions. As experts in interoperable real-time location systems they are driving the next generation of security and compliance applications in healthcare, industrial, and commercial environments. They deliver a robust multi-purpose real-time location platform with superior flexibility, interoperability, and performance helping organizations achieve the protection, compliance, and efficiencies they require when it comes to their people and assets.
The majority of sales to date have been in the healthcare sector and primarily through their partner network. Sales have recently expanded beyond North America to Europe and the Middle East. They have developed a solid sales funnel in the industrial sector and see this area as the next great opportunity of growth for GuardRFID. Consequently, they want to develop and execute an effective strategy to move aggressively into the industrial marketplace. Currently competition is limited and this presents a great opportunity to take the company to the next level. GuardRFID is re-positioning itself to better align their offerings with Cloud-based IoT architectures. They are currently moving from an on-premise model to a SaaS-based offering.
To lead this strategic pivot, GuardRFID is looking for an experienced VP, Sales & Marketing to design and drive the transition strategy. They are looking for someone who has demonstrated results-oriented leadership in companies that have successfully made the transition to a SaaS model. The successful candidate will have experience with cloud computing and wireless data acquisition and have hands-on experience selling industrial solutions.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, defining market requirements, creating product roadmaps/strategy and leading and directing the sales force in executing the new vision.
The VP Sales & Marketing will be a key member of the Executive Team, collaborating with peers to define overall company strategy. You will report to the CEO, and define and execute the sales, product, and marketing strategies across the organization.
You will manage all sales activities including direct, inside and channels and be expected to grow your team including the product management area as required.
The immediate goal is to identify new industrial markets and scale the business toward a successful exit over the next three to five years. Your mandate is to carve a niche in the world of IoT with the goal of becoming the IoT standard in certain verticals.
- Lead product management and marketing on the launch of new products
- Evaluate the sales resources and approaches in place today and devise a strategy for ensuring the most cost-effective sales approach.
- Build a sales structure and process with performance measures to ensure the company achieves its objectives. Build and own the sales forecast and results.
- Ensure that an aligned, equitable and motivating compensation structure exists for the sales team.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 7+ years sales experience in comparable industrial sector markets
- A minimum of 5+ years of sales leadership experience with a growth company; hands-on experience in small, entrepreneurial organizations including change and growth management.
- Proven ability to build, manage, discipline, lead and motivate the sales organization in all respects;
- Market assessment marketing strategies (including out outsourced-PR, corporate identity system, Website, etc.)advertising campaigns.
- Hiring, training and development
- Strong demonstrated financial management including managing and owning P&L, sales quotas and revenue forecasting models, skills metrics, and accountability
- Knowledge of contract negotiation
- Strong knowledge of industrial markets and products, pricing models, indirect sales models, industrial technology trends, competitive strategies, and channel / product marketing.
- Previous experience devising SaaS revenue models; preferably having designed, implemented, managed and sold SaaS-based solutions.
- Outstanding consultative solution selling abilities, not simply products.
- Has worked closely with product management and marketing, with a proven evangelical sales track-record in a new product / new market environment.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners.
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written. excellent interpersonal skills with customers and partners
This is a Vancouver-based role.