Our client supplies the world’s medical marijuana needs via low-cost cannabis grow operations to provide licensed distributors with a clean supply of GACP flower and GMP extracts. They are accumulating medical marijuana production assets across legalized countries in South America. The company is focused on developing large-scale production of GMP & EU-GMP grade medical marijuana products for domestic supply and export to countries with supply shortages, such as Canada, Germany, the UK, Switzerland, and Italy. The company has quietly positioned itself to be the world’s largest producer of medical-grade marijuana with over 130,000,000 square feet or over 1,000 hectares of agri-industrial land secured and entering production.
The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for overseeing the post-acquisition, development and management of industrial scale-agriculture farms in South America.
- Take over the lead role in managing the start-up of the agriculture projects portfolio
- Work with the business development and acquisition team engage with the start-up teams on the ground
- Working with the Master Growers, (experts in growing the cannabis plant) and oversee the operational aspects setting up the grow business including setting up the required infrastructure
- Set up the perimeter, fencing, security, and necessary buildings
- Ensure agricultural infrastructure is in place including all horticultural equipment, irrigation and harvesting facilities
- Work with the Director of Extraction to ensure the company’s extraction facilities are built and operating to maximum performance.
- Organize and manage all aspects of the supply chain
- Collaborate with the company’s compliance team to ensure all farm operations are constantly in compliance with Canadian and other market standards for the production of medical marijuana
- Manage local teams in the production markets, including the hiring of local project managers and farm management teams.
- Implement the company’s proprietary logistics, regulatory and operating software systems
- Build a strong operations team with dedicated project managers for each site in each country
- Work with the acquisition team to schedule and launch new properties globally
- 10+ years in a leadership role in operations for an industrial-scale agriculture business
- Experience setting up new outdoor farms from 10 – 100 hectares
- Experience with controlled greenhouse operations
- Strong international experience and willingness to travel 50 – 75% of the time
- Very good written and oral communications skills in Spanish and English
- Cultural awareness with the ability to be patient, attentive and diplomatic in working with local project teams, governments and regulators
- University degree
Fit and Core Values
- Integrity with strong ethics and social responsibility – the company intends to have a lasting, positive impact on the communities they engage with
- Hard working, high energy, high endurance, high pace
- Organized, creative and process oriented
- Diplomatic negotiator with strong problem-solving skills
For more information please contact:
Sarah Applebaum firstname.lastname@example.org +1-604-639-9562
Tim Swanson email@example.com +1-604-639-9566