Our client is a leading facilities-based carrier of fibre optic networks in the Vancouver area targeting the commercial market. Well-funded and profitable, they own a substantial amount of fibre cable, placed a meter below the roadways and on the pole lines covering significant portions of the downtown and commercial areas of Vancouver and Burnaby, and are rapidly expanding into other municipalities and potentially other provinces. With recurring revenues doubling year over year, it is time for them to expand and bring on a Head of Operations to build the corporate infrastructure to scale. The sales funnel is overflowing and a robust, flexible operational system and team is needed to take advantage of the massive growth ahead.
Due to their rapid expansion, this small company needs to bring on a highly skilled executive to create new operational systems and take over ownership of daily results. The Vice President of Operations (VPO) is a newly formed role that will operate as the right hand to the CEO, freeing him to focus on sales, business development, and corporate strategy, while the VPO focuses on scaling the company and internal processes. As a result, we are searching for a highly skilled, enthusiastic, systems-driven VPO with a track record of building partnerships with outside contracting agencies and trades, and an innovative, entrepreneurial mindset to join the team.
• A demonstrated track record of successfully leading an early stage industrial hardware technology company in business/partner development and growing revenues
• 10+ years related industry experience in operations, supply chain management and/or engineering management
• 5+ years’ experience in leadership roles in high tech
• Experience in the telecommunications sector with knowledge of the B2B segments would be an asset
• Advanced education in both business and engineering with a preference for BComm, in addition to Industrial Engineering, mechanical/civil/electrical, or other engineering degree.
• Experience in heavy industry, construction/manufacturing, or complex supplier-based industry
• Broad understanding of business, computer systems and software, financial (can, read interpret and understand numbers
• Familiar working with the trades, labourers and the associated importance of worksite safety.
• Experience working in a small entrepreneurial company
• With the CEO, P/L responsibility with bottom line focus in a fast-growing high-tech manufacturing company
• Execution orientation with the ability to operate at the strategic level
• Exceptional strength in situations where there is a need to rapidly add resources while implementing a self-sustaining growth structure
• Extensive experience in building teams that balance communication and execution
Kari LaMotte firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Brooks email@example.com