Our client, a successful and growing web consultancy, is looking for a Software Development Manager that is passionate about products, and working with small teams on various upcoming projects in different industry verticals. You will lead projects and new product development for new technology platforms our clients are looking to build.
If you are a forward minded thinker and love to tinker with new technologies, you’re in the right place!
- Design technical architecture and assess technical risks
- Lead design, implementation, and deployment of software
- Coach, mentor and code review other developers
- Manage the project planning and backlog
- Introduce good practices to make teams more productive
- Strong communication skills at different layers of abstraction are a must. Both technical communication, as well as an ability to communicate technical things to non-developers (clients and stakeholders)
- Ability to identify key technical risks and identify solutions in advance
- Commitment to a culture of learning
- “Can-do” attitude and a strong drive to continually improve as a developer
- Experience in database design and SQL
- Proficiency in Ruby/Rails
- Experience in managing apps through full project lifecycles
- Interest in working with React-Native, mobile development, GraphQL
- Ability to write clean code that is easily maintainable and extendable by everyone
- 4+ years of experience
You will have full support to build yourself further as a leader, as well as help build senior talent in Vancouver.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org