Our client is a Digital Creative Agency specializing in digital brand building through a focus in utility in design. With a specialization in websites, campaigns, and apps, they combine their creative and technical expertise to deliver beautiful and useful solutions through storytelling. The company adheres to strong core values to promote a fun, collaborative and respectful environment that inspires and celebrates both team and individual performance.
About the Role:
Our client is expanding their team and client base; delivering progressively more sophisticated web technologies. They are seeking a senior tech champion to be present at their leadership table to enable focused customer discussions and solution delivery. The Technical Director will lead their existing software team in a hands-on capacity, making key decisions on technology tools, direction and processes to follow. This person will be a tech visionary while also being grounded enough to enable effective delivery of that vision.
- Set the technology vision and optimized process for the digital agency
- Team leadership and mentorship -working with the production team to deliver on time and on budget experiences
- Understanding broad industry trends, advise the management team on current and future strategies and implement strategies in a timely fashion
- Responsible for presenting tech solutions, regular client interactions and the ability to instill confidence in recommendations to any audience
- Advise on tech risks and provide client assistance as needed;
- Able to provide accurate scoping recommendations and solid and innovative technology solutions for our clients
- Actively work projects for primary clients – never afraid to get hands dirty on the coding level
- Pursue business goals through creative technology solutions
- Be the go-to tech person in the company – the one who ‘owns’ all things technical from architecture to implementation.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Computer Science, Software Development qualification or comparable combination of experience/education
- Proven experience of team leadership within a creative environment with a high level of client interaction – experience within a Digital Agency is a MUST
- Deep knowledge of multiple technologies and experience with LAMP platform, and specific solutions such as React, Django, Code Igniter, Umbraco, Shopify, WordPress and other CMS systems – and ability to even jump in on certain client deliverables as needed
- Experience managing complex and dynamic based executions within marketing platforms like Google and DoubleClick
- Strong communication skills and previous experience of working with senior representatives at client companies
- Strong presentation skills and ability to represent company in their ‘community’ – a passion for staying up to date with emerging technologies, when to use them, as well as collaborate and work with strategy and creative teams on ideal tech-focused client recommendations
- Has built, recruited, and mentored teams for optimized output and success.
This is a newly created position that will provide an amazing career opportunity for the right individual. The position is based in Downtown Vancouver in a funky and fun office space with all the trimmings to inspire creative thought and on-target delivery.
Amanda Du Toit email@example.com