Our client is an industry leader that specializes in bringing state of the art new technologies into traditional heavy industrial settings. For over 20 years they have been providing complete engineering services of structural, electrical and mechanical design for projects up to 100M. Their design package includes conceptual design, capital cost estimates, project management, and civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and process control design. Their track record of successful projects throughout North America enable their customers to achieve or exceed production expectations and thus ensuring their reputation and loyalty into the future.
About the Role:
Their success and ongoing growth is a direct result of combining very strong process expertise with an accurate and efficient design team. This has led to an opportunity for a Team Lead/Structural Engineer to join 25 established design professionals. This is an opportunity to join an experienced, professional team within a stable profitable company which is well positioned for further growth.
Specifically, the Team Lead would be mentored by a seasoned and highly respected industry veteran, and would have an opportunity to be advanced into a progessive leadership role. There is a high degree of customer contact, so communication and leadership skills are as important as the suitable technical background, as described below. Salaries are very competitive and will be based on qualifications
Experience & Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree from a recognized University or College and eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGBC
- Five-10 years of design experience with industrial structures
- Good working knowledge of ‘P-Frame’, ‘S-Frame’ and ‘ETABS’
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational ability and proven time management skills
- Attention to detail is very important
- Solid command of English, both written and verbal
Kim Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org