Our client provides advanced scheduling decision support solutions to the global energy sector. They are a growing, stable company with a healthy and flexible work culture of collaboration, focusing on innovation and solving complex and real problems.
We are looking for a senior Java/SaaS developer who has successfully delivered enterprise software solutions both on premise and on SaaS environments. Responsibilities will include enhancing and adding to software products currently deployed on premise by small to large organizations. You will also be architecting and implementing new secure and scalable cloud applications. As a senior member of the development team you are expected to mentor Junior team members. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of our development platform. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Enhance and extend our current software products deployed on premises
- Architect and implement new secure and scalable cloud application as SaaS offering
- Mentor Junior developers
- Improve tools for product implementation consultants who configure our software products for various customers
- Help continuously improve development process and infrastructure.
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience working with product implementation and support teams
- Experience in building enterprise web applications that are installed on premise at customer sites
- Strong proficiency in Java based application development
- Knowledge of cloud concepts and cloud architecture
- Experience with cloud development, building containerized applications, CI/CS pipelines
- Experience with AWS or alternative cloud platforms
- Experience building secure and scalable SaaS products with cloud services
- Best practices in terms of secure and scalable SaaS architecture
- Very familiar with working in agile development environment
- Experience mentoring team members
- Familiarity with front end development is bonus
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field.
Enjoy the benefits and opportunities at a long-established, smaller company without the risks and high-pressure of a startup. You will work with a team of mature and experienced developers who thrive on learning from and mentoring each other.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit email@example.com