Our client is an award-winning start-up company located in Vancouver that is developing a broad range of advanced Ion Exchange materials for Water Treatment, Advanced Energy Storage and Hydrogen production applications. We are currently seeking a Senior Chemical Engineer who is an expert in scaling up production from the bench to large-scale industrial manufacturing. The position will be based at our facility located on the Vancouver campus of the University of British Columbia.
- Lead, execute, and support process improvement activities and projects to optimize production scale-up capability, using engineering principles, statistical analysis, and equipment knowledge, to problem solve issues in the manufacturing process in laboratories and external manufacturing partner factories.
- Coordinate projects to optimize the use of chemical raw materials and processes to produce end products, as well as to reduce their costs and environmental impact.
- Investigate existing processes to identify and implement opportunities for improving quality, reliability and throughput.
- In collaboration with other departments, develop, plan, and deploy projects to improve equipment efficiency, performance, and reliability, in order to improve product quality and reduce maintenance costs.
- Actively participate as a member of multifunctional project teams, executing capital and quality projects from concept to implementation.
- Interface and consult with production, laboratory, business, and marketing personnel, to improve product quality, and develop options for producing new products.
- Establish strong trusted relationships with the operations team.
- Serve as subject matter expert and technical resource for internal manufacturing, business, marketing, or technical services teams.
- Provide and communicate clear, concise, and timely reporting of project progress and accomplishments.
- Perform chemical tests to improve operational efficiency and production.
- Monitor parameters to continuously maintain the quality of chemical products.
- Take part in developing instructions concerning the handling of chemical products and environmental protection.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering and minimum seven to ten years of work experience in scale-up of reactions from bench to pilot-scale production.
- Direct experience working in a chemical industrial factory in a chemical engineering capacity an distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to plan and manage own activities to deliver on budget and schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner.
- Highly motivated, with interest and ability to thrive in a technology start-up environment.
For more information please contact:
Sarah Applebaum at email@example.com
Tim Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org