Our client is a growing and stable VOIP company based in Vancouver. They are expanding their team and looking for an Engineering Manager to lead them through and after this growth period. They are passionate, committed, collaborative and looking for a technical leader to help build effective scalable processes and mentor aspiring talent.
- Reporting to the VP, Innovative Technology; and responsible for an existing team of 6 people, including DevOps
- Day-to-day managing of the team, while participating in product roadmap and design decisions
- Take responsibility for team expansion, without sacrificing their culture and core values.
- CompSci or equivalent, with 3-5 years of experience leading a growing engineering team
- Background in voice communications will be beneficial, or highly available software as a service
- Experience taking innovative product risks while balancing the road map for on-time deliverables
- Active participation in the open source community
- Experience with multiple languages and frameworks (they use a lot of Erlang!)
- Familiarity and experience with distributed architectures
- Bonus points if you have experience working in startup environment, and even more if you’ve worked in a VoIP environment.
- High Availability concepts: Load balancers, failover environments, consistency
- Network Engineering (routing protocols like BGP and OSPF); they use Juniper and VyOS
- Strong comfort at a command line in Linuxl they use mostly CentOS.
- Virtualization is second nature to you they standardize on KVM today.
- Scripting in Bash, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Configuration Management using systems like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Vagrant
- Experience using NoSQL Databases such as CouchDB, Riak.
The company is based in Yaletown and offers a truly collaborative and fun environment, they pay competitively while committing to the development and growth of their employees.
Contact Details: Amanda Du Toit email@example.com