Our client is one of the fastest growing software companies in their industry, developing technology solutions for clients across North America. Being centrally located in their brand new location in Downtown Vancouver, BC, puts them close to many shops, restaurants, and is easy accessibility by public transit.
About the Role:
The company has a commitment to an exceptional and collaborative company culture. You will work with an amazing group of friendly and talented people who will help and encourage you to grow in all facets of software leadership.
Due to revenue and client growth, they are expanding their Development team, with a hands-on Development Manager being the first move in this direction. We are ideally looking for someone who can simultaneously be the go-to person regarding complex software coding challenges, while at the same time being able to lead the team in day-to-day execution. As they need to grow fairly aggressively, we need an accomplished technical lead to understand the dynamics of a smaller team but can also envision and execute on the growth plans, putting processes and policies in place as and when needed.
Reporting to the CEO, with 5 direct reports all onsite in their Vancouver office.
- Hands-on technical leadership to a small team of focused developers and devops
- Management of daily deliverables to ensure the team keeps on track with product and business goals
- Create, communicate and manage development standards for performance, quality, security
- Ensure architectural and product design provided by the CEO is executed on and ensuring quality standards and timing commitments are met
- Set, communicate and manage annual and quarterly objectives for the development team
- Ensure teams are resourced appropriately to achieve business goals – hiring software developers will be an essential part of the role’s responsibilities
- Measure and improve the performance of teams over time
- Coordinate team efforts when urgent or emergency issues occur
- Participate in Scrum meetings, providing support and direction as needed
- Manage the development team’s performance evaluations, career planning and growth
- Be part of the leadership team and participate in strategic and business decisions.
Experience & Qualifications:
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Proven experience in leading, coaching, mentoring and inspiring software teams
- Proven experience of attracting and hiring high-performance talent to the team
- Expert level knowledge of developing .NET software using C# and VisualStudio
- Comfortable working with databases, stored procedures and complex SQL syntax
- Excited about leading a dedicated team to produce high-quality products
This is an opportunity to join a smart and passionate team to solve real-world problems in ed-tech. If you’re looking for an opportunity to combine your leadership expertise with your technical passion, please reach out.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org