Our company is a stable and long-term contributor to the global payment processing industry. They are now expanding their overall Fintech footprint resulting in expanding their engineering team. Currently the company has several offices across Canada, with most of the Engineering team based in BC. They have a set of core values that is important for all employees with a leadership team focused on a healthy work-life balance and career growth.
About the Role:
They have a team of experienced engineers with multiple years at the company and a healthy work culture. They are expanding their product suite and are looking for a senior tech writer to join their team. We are open to folks being in the Burnaby office daily (a block from the Skytrain station) or working remotely – however must have legal working status in Canada and proven ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit API documentation as well as operational procedures and manuals
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the organization to acquire an in-depth understanding of company products and documentation requirements to be able to document new features, enhancements and other changes in each product release or product launch
- Create clear, accurate and complete technical documentation that meets company standards and is appropriate for intended audiences.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to existing documentation.
Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of related experience as technical writer.
- Strong attention to details.
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle is an asset.
- Strong English written and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and deliver on time.
- Ability to capture expertise from subject matter experts.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Provide training as required.
The company is known as a good place to work, while addressing challenging Fintech problems. They are ahead of the game and looking for people that strive to be the best in their selected career as well, while remaining humble and a great team player.
Amanda Du Toit email@example.com