Our client is a premier device development group that works on device design projects for North American and international customers. They offer a collaborative, creative and casual working environment – their employees value the fun and friendly environment.
The primary responsibility of this position is to design, implement, maintain, and document software for medical products that meet international regulatory standards. This includes ownership of the design from the initial concept stage through to a complete release to manufacturing.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Help brainstorm, architect, and engineer complex software applications and systems
- Set up, configure, and maintain development environments
- Implement software controls, standards, and processes
- Write and document software on various platforms
- Create and maintain Device Design History Files
- Develop Detailed Design Specifications and Verification Plans
- Contribute to formal Design Reviews and Source Code Reviews
- Develop software tasks and estimates for customer proposals
- Collaborate with other team members, disciplines, departments, and external development partners
- Research, source, evaluate, and apply new technologies, APIs, libraries, and standards for medical device software
- Mentor and/or share knowledge with others
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Degree or Technical Certification in Computer Science/Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a software lead or senior software position
- Mandatory: Strong ability to prioritize responsibilities and be highly flexible in a demanding product development environment.
- Mandatory: Excellent communication skills, both written, and oral.
- Desirable: Experience developing software in a highly-regulated industry, such as: automotive, aerospace, medical.
- Desirable: Experience in Fault Tolerance and Design for Testing.
- Software experience with the following will strengthen your application:
- MEAN stack
- 8+ years of software experience
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org