Are you an outstanding, creative, pre-sales engineer with experience in Oil & Gas software solutions? Do you think outside the box? Do you have experience with, and love working for, small, nimble software companies? Do you love challenges not found in larger, more structured organizations? Are you proactive and an independent thinker who is able to take ownership with little supervision? Do you have a strong technical aptitude? If this is sounding like music to your ears, please keep reading.
Our client is a small, fast growing Vancouver-based software company providing scheduling solutions to oil & gas organizations. They require an experienced, polished, pre-sales engineer. As a key member of the sales team you will support sales to oil & gas organizations and other industry sectors. You will handle advanced technical aspects of sales opportunities to both new and existing clients and assist in the development of new target industries. You will build effective product demonstrations and show prospective clients how these will address their business needs.
To be effective, you will require a deep technical understanding of your products’ capabilities and how they can be linked to industry needs. You will explore new ways of using your solutions in non-traditional situations and will conduct demonstrations that lead to a successful sale. You will also develop proof-of-concept demonstrations using sample customer data and provide technical presentations of your products.
You will periodically be involved with the delivery of your solutions to end-users during implementation projects. You will apply a broad spectrum of expertise, including:
- Workshop facilitation and end-user requirements gathering
- Hands-on product configuration and data integration
- End-user training
- Client relationship management
To be successful, you possess a high degree of technical curiosity and the ability to rapidly gain deep knowledge about existing and new products. You are comfortable with uncertainty: you will not always know all the facts about a specific client situation but your ability to quickly determine technical approaches that address their challenges will be critical to your success.
Your role includes working on new sales opportunities in the O&G sector and new targeted sectors and acting as a senior external technical advisor to your existing customer base. By meeting regularly with existing clients, you will identify new opportunities where your solutions can be applied and liaise with the sales and product development teams to provide timely insights into innovative ways to use your solutions.
You must enjoy small company environments and be eager to take on challenges that are not found in more structured organizations. You must be a proactive and independent thinker, able to take ownership of tasks with little supervision.
- Plan and conduct effective product and company presentations and demonstrations to prospects
- Assist the sales team in qualifying prospects, in order to accurately determine product fit, and probability of a successful sale
- Address prospect questions in a comprehensive manner to ensure satisfaction
- Using prospective client sample data, devise appropriate demonstrations to secure business
- Support marketing activities, including trade shows, industry seminars and relevant networking events
- Provide feedback to the product management/product development groups concerning client needs and product features
- Conduct end-user workshops to extract product configuration and data integration requirements
- Seek ways to extend your product features to address new target industry needs
- Train end-users in the use of configured products, support testing, and assist with transition to production status
- Ensure continued client satisfaction after implementation
- Highly motivated and innovative individual who can work independently, while leveraging various internal and external groups necessary to achieve success for all stakeholders
- Highly effective demonstration, presentation, and writing skills coupled with strong technical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable dealing with technical and non-technical end-users
- Ability to rapidly understand and explain key product features that link to client needs
- Experience with widely-used software applications (e.g. databases, MS-Excel, MS-Project)
- Excellent UNIX/Linux and MS-Windows knowledge
- Reliable, flexible, and collaborative work style
- Strategic and tactical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with enterprise project and maintenance management solutions (e.g. Primavera, Maximo)
- 5+ years relevant background in a hi-tech, pre-sales support role in the oil & gas industry
- Knowledge of resource scheduling issues in the maintenance and upstream oil & gas sectors is an asset
- BSc/MSc degree (e.g., Computer Science, Petroleum Engineering, Operations Research) or equivalent experience
- This position is based in North America
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Periodic travel up to 20% throughout North America and International locations is required
- Please contact Colin Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-639-9563 and reference CF-193000