Our client is a fast-growing, passionate company taking on climate change with their proprietary hardware/software sensing solution. The market leader in their space with their product in over 140,000 homes worldwide. They have a strong, existing foothold in the residential energy intelligence market and are continuing to innovate in this quickly evolving space.
Their transparent and collaborative working style forms a solid foundation for the team, and provides a model of integrity. The company walks the talk of work-life balance, and boasts a flexible work environment for its employees in their bright, spacious, Gastown location; complete with original brick walls, ping pong, and other Valley-style perks. Their team is engaged, committed to excellence, and has created a great work environment.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking a Senior Manufacturing & QA Engineer to continue their evolution into the future. This person will work with the R&D team to design and create products to be assembled and tested overseas. This person will own the QA area and will be the primary point of contact for their contract manufacturing facilities.
The Senior Manufacturing and QA Engineer will be a:
- Visionary and thought leader in QA processes, with a keen understanding of hardware and more specifically embedded device technologies;
- Technically strong innovator with an ability to design and assemble test systems and articulate clear instructions to remote technicians
- Self-directed character with a high degree of ownership and an ability to delegate routine aspects of the role
The Senior Manufacturing & QA Engineer will:
- Design, assemble and deploy test systems to support manufacturing of our client’s next-generation hardware; working closely with the R&D team
- Analyze data generated by test systems to identify anomalies in manufacturing and then program new processes to cover those gaps
- Run the coordination of maintenance and operation of the test systems with offshore manufacture facilities
- Report to the Director of Hardware
Experience & Qualifications:
- BSc/BEng in electrical engineering, computer science or similar
- 5+ years of experience working on automated manufacturing test systems for embedded devices
- Experience programming test utilities and scripts using languages such as .NET, Python or Labview
- Experience creating and handling CAD files
- Experience analyzing data generated by test systems
- Fluency in Mandarin is an asset
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative and passionate company driven by their success in building meaningful products that change the way energy is stored and shared worldwide.