Our company is a stable and long-term contributor to the global payment processing industry. They are now expanding their overall Fintech footprint resulting in expanding their engineering team. Currently the company has several offices across Canada, with most of the Engineering team based in BC. They have a set of core values that is important for all employees with a leadership team focused on a healthy work-life balance and career growth.
About the Role:
They have a team of experienced Java Developers with multiple years at the company and a healthy work culture. They are expanding their product suite and are looking for senior engineers to join their team. We are open to folks being in the Burnaby office daily (a block from the Skytrain station) or working remotely – however must have legal working status in Canada and strong English communication to enable successful interaction with remote people.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and experience of the full development lifecycle of Java applications: requirement analysis, design, documentation, coding, test, build, deployment and maintenance.
- Demonstrate strong object-oriented design and development skills.
- Follow best practices of software engineering processes and tools that govern development within the organization.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines around coding standards and development best practices.
- Estimate level of effort, time, and external dependencies for completion of various programming scenarios.
- Recommend technical solutions and write technical specifications that meet business requirements.
- Analyze defect metrics to ascertain trends and problem areas.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related disciplines.
- Solid experience of full lifecycle development of large-scale Java applications.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience with Java 8 or Java 7, Spring Boot, Tomcat 8, Maven and JDBC
- Proficiency with Spring Framework, MVC and OOD design and programming principles.
- Working experience with Databases like SQL Server 2012 and above (preferred), PostgreSQL (preferred), Oracle, DB2.
- Experience working with Source Code Management tools like GIT, Subversion, CVS
- Familiarity with online payment concepts and the ability to process/track/reconcile payments through various systems.
- Strong ability to translate customer requirements into a formal design.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to create and amend detailed documentation and technical specifications.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility are strong assets.
The company is known as a good place to work, while addressing challenging Fintech problems. They are ahead of the game and looking for people that strive to be the best in their selected career as well, while remaining humble and a great team player.
Amanda Du Toit email@example.com