Our client is one of the fastest growing software companies in Canada and has won multiple awards recently. They design and sell decision analytic solutions for organizations with large amounts of critical infrastructure (electrical / natural gas utilities, water / wastewater, and government entities). Their solutions empower organizations to make faster, smarter, and more strategic investment decisions. Their culture is one that fosters excellence. They have built a world-class team of innovators who inspire one another to grow, learn, and improve. They promote an atmosphere of openness and support where all opinions and ideas are valued and encouraged, and where teamwork is key to success. Due to their rapid growth, they are looking for a Senior Enterprise Sales Executive to join their team and grow their Northeastern USA business.
The primary role of the Senior Enterprise Sales Executive is to lead the end-to-end sales opportunities within the NE region and convert these opportunities into long term clients.
You will prospect for new clients and develop strategic approaches and pitches to convince potential prospects to do business with you. You will work with mid and senior level executives, board members, political representatives, consultants, marketing, and technical staff and coordinate and manage activities with your team members to ensure successful engagement with all stakeholders.
The Senior Enterprise Sales Executive will be involved in strategic planning to develop a pipeline of new business. You will be expected to develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the market, your solutions, competitors, and potential partners.
- Prospect for new opportunities and turn them into business
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Call on targets within the territory to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities, leveraging an existing network of contacts
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within those organizations
- Plan approaches and pitches, and work with your team to develop proposals that address the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Attend industry functions (association events, conferences, etc.) and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Build strong and trusting relationships with prospects, clients, and influential people within the region
- Present to, and consult with, mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify, and develop, the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Be a compelling communicator and accurately represent your unique value proposition
- Be a fast learner, open to new ideas, and able to participate in healthy constructive debates
- Be completely focused on customer success
- Be deeply interested in how customers use your solutions to solve business problems and make better investment decisions
- Have a talent for solving problems, by bringing customers and/or partners together with functional teams within the company
- Have a passion for recognizing opportunities to develop functionality that will address customer challenges and enhance the value of your solutions
- Be comfortable with ambiguity as the market and your solutions evolve
- Be a good negotiator with the highest ethical standards
- Have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the asset management discipline and/or electricity, gas, or water markets
- Demonstrate a track record of success in complex, highly technical industrial markets
- Be proficient with standard office software and CRM systems
- Deals are in the $2M – $3M range and sales cycles are 1 to 2 years
- This is a face to face sale and to cover your territory effectively travel could be as high as 40 – 50%
- This is a work from home role and you must live in the Northeast USA, GTA, or Montreal region
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, or finance is preferred