Our client is a leading mobile games developer located in Vancouver, British Columbia. As one of the world’s top publishers in their genre, they have a data-driven culture and support this with a strategic focus on building world-class analytics tools and technology.
We are seeking an ambitious individual to take a lead technical role in planning and executing all aspects of our data-related technologies. This involves acting as the product owner of our current and future internally developed analytics systems, including core ETL and data analytics tools, machine learning frameworks, systems for running A/B tests and other experiments, and dynamic sales offer systems.
- Define requirements, create technical architectures and designs, and assist with the implementation of internally-developed analytics systems
- Mentor and lead the other programmers on the Analytics Team
- Oversee, plan and design the operation of live analytics systems, including automation, monitoring and error-detection
- Communicate and educate internal stakeholders on best practices for analytics-related tools and processes
- Work and co-ordinate with game teams to ensure game code is correctly instrumented to generate events for the analytics system
- Perform load and stress tests and analyze performance of running production systems in order to remove inefficiencies and reduce costs
- B.CompSci, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics
- Expert-level experience with Python; other modern languages a bonus
- Demonstrated abilities in the design and implementation of large-scale software architectures
- Experience with modern Big Data frameworks and tools for large-scale, distributed data processing, data warehousing and data analysis
- Experience with multiple types of databases and a rich understanding of properties of different database technologies
- Experience with Docker container technologies like ECS, Kubernetes and Mesos
- Fluency in map-reduce paradigms and related systems like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience using AWS platform
- Experience in technical leadership or a lead programmer role
- Strong in critical-thinking skills and problem solving
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as CouchDB, Redis and DynamoDB
- Experience with streaming event systems like Kinesis and Kafka
- Knowledge of advanced data science concepts such as predictive analytics, machine learning and data mining
- Familiarity with free-to-play game design concepts and industry-standard KPIs used to measure game performance
They offer competitive compensation and lots of benefits – with a healthy and accommodating culture focused on collaboration.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org