Our client is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that are used worldwide for a variety of situations, from bringing the soccer World Cup to your television … to assisting Special Forces with critical communications. Their products and services include leading-edge product design and development, production, distribution and infield support and service of fly-away satellite terminals, microwave components, antennas, Radio Frequency (RF) conditioning products, and maritime based satellite terminals.
For over 30 years, our client has provided a model of responsiveness, integrity, dedication, entrepreneurship and resourcefulness, values which have stood as the moral pillars of their corporation. As the company became leader in communications products and solutions, they attribute their long tradition of engineering “industry firsts” by maintaining focus on these principles and providing a great work environment for their employees.
About the Role:
Our client’s continued growth has created the need to expand their versatile engineering team and create a new RF Electrical Engineer position. With a focus on RF amplifiers and upconverters, the successful candidate will bring his extensive RF experience to act as a technical champion for their products.
As RF Electrical Engineer, you:
- Are passionate about everything that revolves around satellite and innovative communication technologies;
- Have a strong understanding of RF circuits, synthesizer circuits, waveguide components and filters/RF components;
- Are highly collaborative with the ability to self-manage;
As the RF Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Play an integral role in the development process of our client’s products/solutions (block upconverters and solid state power amplifiers), from design to system testing;
- Enhance/maintain our clients’ existing products;
- Perform schematic captures and PCB layouts;
- Provide guidance to the manufacture, troubleshooting design issues, and cooperate with Operations/Productions to resolve manufacturing problems;
- Report to the Director of Engineering;
Experience & Qualifications:
- BSc/BEng in electrical engineering or similar;
- 5-8 years of experience designing RF components such as power amplifiers, synthesizers and related circuitry (frequencies above 10GHz);
- Experience with schematic capture, PCB layout and validation;
- Strong understanding of RF assembly processes;
- Understanding of how to design for testing and manufacture;
- Experience with the following software: ADS, EMPro, HFSS, Altium and Waspnet; Agile and Solid Works would be an asset
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative and passionate company driven by their success in building meaningful communications products and solutions worldwide.