Our client provides advanced scheduling decision support solutions to the global energy sector.
We are looking for a senior QA Engineer in our product development team. You must have good computer science skills, are obsessed with customer satisfaction, and have a demonstrated track record of leveraging technologies to help build quality products. You will be responsible for leading QA activities of innovative desktop (Java/Swing) and web (Jersey/ReactJS) applications. Your key responsibilities include designing QA infrastructure, creating and executing test plans, designing and building automated test cases, lead testing efforts for both products and implementation projects. You will be working together with other engineers, customers, and stakeholders. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Evaluate and implement QA best practices (unit testing, integration testing, automated / manual functional testing, performance testing, debugging, validation of fixes, etc.)
- Design and develop test strategies and test plans; conduct testing, maintenance and validation of releases
- Design and implement infrastructure needed for QA activities within Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment environment
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Lead, coordinate, and execute QA testing activities for projects and maintenance activities through different phases of software development life cycle
- Review system requirements and technical design documents
Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for testing and quality
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Fluency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
- 5+ years of experience in software development and software quality assurance
- 4+ years of experience using a framework for automating tests for front end, API’s and Backend, such as Jasmine, Jest, Mocha, Selenium, JMeter etc.
- Expert knowledge of writing technical documentation/defects and issues
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Proficient in writing comprehensive test plans
- Experience in Agile / scrum methodologies
- Familiarity with Java unit testing frameworks
- Being proactive and able to work independently on a project
The company offers a highly collaborative culture in a bright, new office environment walkable from the Waterfront Station. Remote work is possible for the right candidate.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org