Our client was founded by pharmaceutical industry experts and are leaders in aseptic isolated robotics. They have created the most flexible and efficient solution for the sterilized filling of vials, syringes, and cartridges. Their solutions enable organizations to provide safe and affordable injectable medicines to patients around the world.
Due to continued growth and increasing market acceptance they are looking for an experienced, Product Manager for their Aseptic Filling Work cells and accessories. The Product Manager will initiate, define, and launch products and enhancements to those products, as well as manage the ongoing business performance of the products. They will own and champion the products within the organization, to customers, and in the aseptic filling marketplace globally. The Product Manager will be responsible for enhancements to current products and for product managing new systems. This role reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Have, or develop, an extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical aseptic fill finish market – customers, customer requirements, competitors, regulatory requirements, and business drivers.
- Work with market players, customers, and internal staff to identify new products, accessories, and enhancements to existing products.
- Build, present, and defend the business case for the development of those products.
- Define and position the products through formal product management tools and techniques.
- Work with a core Engineering and Manufacturing team to ensure the consistent execution of the product development and manufacturing plans.
- Work with industry partners to ensure a high impact, multi-participant launch of new products.
- Manage the regular business cadence of the product; develop the annual business plan, develop monthly forecasts, monitor business performance including unit sales, revenue, and margin against plan. Instigate and execute on actions to resolve any issues.
- Provide product and technical support to the Sales team and participate in sales calls and meetings.
- Be a positive representative of the company and culture at customer sites.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail approach in performing work; a strong ability to successfully work in teams and effectively work independently.
- Contribute and foster an environment which encourages, supports, and recognizes new ideas and initiatives.
- 5+ years track-rescored as a successful Product Management in a complex product or system with both hardware and software/controls components, or 5+ years in an Engineering or Pharmaceutical field with a strong understanding of business practices and a desire to move to a business-focused role.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants with experience in the development or production of injectable medicines, or with products used in the development and production of injectable medicines. Secondarily, preference will be given to applicants with experience with products used in the process of manufacturing pharmaceutical products.
- Strong business case and reporting-against-plan approach to managing products.
- Experience using structured Product Life Cycle / Stage Review tools and processes.
- Experience making business and product presentations to the C-level of major organizations.
- Post-secondary degree with a background in Business, Engineering, or Pharmaceutical Science.
- Travel up to 30% is required.
- Competitive base salary