Work from home office
Our client develops advanced software for scheduling upstream operations. Their products create shareholder value for their clients by increasing operational efficiency, reducing cycle times, and improving collaboration within project teams. They combine deep knowledge of optimization and up-stream scheduling best practices to provide tangible improvements to drilling program productivity.
More about the role:
As a member of their product implementation team, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of their scheduling products to end users in the oil & gas industry. You would apply a broad range of expertise to implementation projects, including:
- Workshop facilitation and end-user requirements gathering
- Hands-on product configuration and data integration
- End-user training
- Project Management
- Customer relationship management
You would work on intensive, short-term (1-3 month) projects, and travel to customer locations (primarily in the US) 25-50% of the time.
To be successful, you will need to fit into a small company environment, and be able to take on challenges that are not found in more structured organizations. You must also be a proactive and independent thinker, able to take ownership of tasks with little supervision. As one of the company’s main contacts for customers you will:
- Act as a key customer contact for the implementation of their scheduling products
- Build strong relationships with customer end-users, and manage their expectations during the implementation process
- Plan implementation projects
- Conduct end-user workshops to elicit product configuration and data integration requirements
- Perform most of the product configuration to address specific customer requirements
- Collaborate with other team members on complex product configuration and data integration tasks
- Train end-users in the use of configured products, support testing, and assist with transition to production status
- Monitor and communicate project status to customers/internal team
- Ensure continuing customer satisfaction post implementation
- Knowledge of resource scheduling issues
- Knowledge of upstream oil & gas operations (nice to have)
- Product configuration knowledge and technical ability
- Comfortable conducting workshops with a range of technical and non-technical end-users
- Experience with databases (MS SQL Server and Oracle) and data integration techniques
- Highly-developed end-user training skills
- 3-5 years relevant background in customer-facing project execution
- Ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects using strong organizational skills
- Reliable, flexible, and collaborative work style
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or MIS highly desirable
This position is based in Houston or Oklahoma City OR in Vancouver or Edmonton. Periodic travel to other North American and international locations will be required.
Successful candidate will/may work from home office and travel to client sites as required.
They offer a challenging and dynamic environment where you can bring your skills and experience to bear on important issues facing major oil & gas organizations. They put a premium on delivering innovative and quality products, while having fun doing it.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org