Our client is a well-established and profitable electronics manufacturer, designing electronics hardware and firmware for industrial monitoring products. Due to rapid growth and a new product in the works, we need a seasoned design engineer to join our team.
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the senior design engineer is responsible for providing expert support to various departments, including design, quality control and manufacturing. The senior design engineer will be responsible for designing new products as well as modifications to existing products of the Company. Additionally, the senior design engineer will be a resident expert in the areas of photonics, fibre device physics and optics to ensure the Company retains a competitive edge in the market place through reliable products that continue to meet the changing needs of customers.
Expertise in mission critical, high reliability, electronics manufacturing will be required, perhaps in the aerospace, biotech, or semi-conductor domains.
- Design, Implementation and Managing of Processes
- Developing and optimizing semiconductor instrumentation products
- Analyze customer needs in product increments and roadmap plans for performance, applications (both present and future) and providing feedback to the customer, development & manufacturing;
- Work with customers to develop solutions for their upcoming technology nodes
- Develop customer specifications, designs and products within matrixed team environment
- Participated in tech transfer & new product introduction between R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing;
- Review all existing products and processes to identify improvements to achieve best practices within the semiconductor industry
- Implement changes to optimize existing products to ensure all manufacturing processes are efficiently leading to the manufacture of quality products in line with customer requirements
- Quality Control
- Ensure all processes are in line with quality control requirements
- Assist the quality control department as required Manufacturing
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure customer needs are incorporated into the Company’s processes
- Work with sales, marketing and senior staff to develop the instrumentation roadmap for the company
- Maintain and develop customer FAQs and implementation references for Photon-Control products.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in semiconductor Instrumentation;
- Involvement with customers in technical specifications for product evolution
- A strong background in semiconductor process engineering and instrumentation.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment; and
- Knowledge of semiconductor device testing and standard electrical test equipment.
- Industrial experience with various device fabrication processes and material/device characterization instruments;
- Free space and waveguide optical experience desirable
- Project management experience and production scheduling;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for designing and implementation of solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline minimum. Masters in Engineering in control theory, engineering science or semiconductor methods desirable.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org