Our client provides advanced scheduling decision support solutions to the global energy sector.
We are looking for a fullstack Java Developer to join their team of skilled and well-educated developers. Your will be responsible for enhancing and adding to their innovative scheduling products, used by organizations in the oil & gas industry. The company is a strong believer of work-life balance, and offers a flat, low-ego high-throughput and supportive environment. The career opportunities are ample for someone who wants to advance their skills.
- Enhance and add to our scheduling software products.
- Design and implement Java/Swing user interfaces.
- Build rich, backend components and Rest APIs.
- Improve our scheduling and optimization engine.
- Collaborate with application development, technical support, and product implementation teams.
- Continuously improve working processes, code quality, and tools and technology adoption.
- The company offers a highly collaborative culture in a bright, new office environment right at a Downtown skytrain station.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc. in computer science or related field.
- At least 3 years experience in Java based software development.
- Experience building complex Java/Swing/Jide desktop application.
- Experience building Java web services and API using Java/Jersey.
- Familiar with SQL and relational databases such as SQL Server.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Background in scheduling and optimization.
- Experience in data modeling exercises and ability to adapt to niche modeling tools.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience with software usability.
A flexible and cohesive work environment is offered; with option to work from home-base from time to time. You will work with a team of mature and experienced developers who thrive on learning from and mentoring each other.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org