Our client is a fast-growing, passionate company taking on climate change with their proprietary hardware/software sensing solution. The market leader in their space with their product in over 140,000 homes worldwide. They have a strong, existing foothold in the residential energy intelligence market and are continuing to innovate in this quickly evolving space.
Their transparent and collaborative working style forms a solid foundation for the team, and provides a model of integrity. The company walks the talk of work-life balance, and boasts a flexible work environment for its employees in their bright, spacious, Gastown location; complete with original brick walls, ping pong, and other Valley-style perks. Their team is engaged, committed to excellence, and has created a great work environment.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking a Hardware Engineer to join their Hardware Team and continue their evolution into the future. This person will collaborate with other skilled and passionate engineers to take new products through the entire development process, from conception to design and production, working closely with the manufacturing test team to ensure the product is designed for test and assembly.
As a Hardware Engineer, you:
- are passionate about technology that promotes sustainable energy, reduces our dependence on CO2 and protects the environment;
- have a strong understanding of embedded device technologies and the principles of AC power, power conversion and residential-scale energy storage;
- are highly collaborative while having the ability to self-manage;
As Hardware Engineer, you will:
- be responsible for the entire development process of derivative products of the company’s market-leading hardware sensing solution;
- perform schematic captures, PCB layout and validation of these new products;
- contribute to the products safety and radio certification;
- coordinate with the manufacturing test team;
- report to the Director of Hardware;
Experience & Qualifications:
- BSc/BEng in electrical engineering, computer science or similar;
- 5 years of electronics design experience building products using components such as microcontrollers, microprocessors, wifi radios, AC/DC power supplies or ADCs;
- Understanding of how to design embedded products for testing and manufacture;
- Experience in power conversion technology would be an asset;
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative and passionate company driven by their success in building meaningful products that change the way energy is stored and shared worldwide.