Our client has a complex solution that has revolutionized the industrial sector within their domain, offering vast savings to their customers. Their solutions are at the leading edge of current technologies.
The company’s success enables them to expand globally, and we have an opportunity for a Head of Software to capitalize on these breakthroughs and lead the software development team to achieve delivery of high quality RTOS software products containing firmware and embedded systems.
The Head of Software will be the most senior software professional in the organization and will hold responsibility for the evolution and direction of the department as well as the evolvement of the architecture. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, and a small team of software specialists reporting in, we are looking for someone to:
- Lead the software development team to achieve delivery of high quality RTOS software products containing firmware and embedded systems.
- Implement best practices for software development, testing and quality assurance.
- Own the architecture as well as initiate future architectural adjustments.
- Participate in the Product Management planning process, providing input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints.
- Create and maintain resource allocation plans.
- Set goals and objectives for the team.
- Push continuous integration and test-driven development into all parts of the software development process.
The successful candidate will be a dedicated team player who is tolerant of risk and uncertainty, thrives in a highly-technical, collaborative environment and has experience leading multidisciplinary teams.
Experience & Education
- in Computer Science or Computer Engineering;
- Experience in leading, coaching, mentoring and developing software team/s;
- Success as a software leader, preferably in an environment where integration with hardware and/or firmware is required;
- Software Architecture experience and ability to provide technical leadership when called upon;
- Expert-level knowledge of C++, Linux and Python programming, as well as solid understanding of TCP/IP networking;
- Managed the release of several versions of a product(s) that has software built for custom designed hardware;
- Ability to anticipate the future requirements of the software team to meet the corporate goals and to proactively train and manage the team evolution to keep pace with the company;
- Dynamic – ability to think and move quickly to resolve issues and to thrive in a highly demanding and fast-paced work environment;
- Flexible – ability to quickly shift from strategic/leadership to hands-on work at a moment’s notice;
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical information ideas both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
This is an opportunity to join a smart and passionate team to solve real problems in the industrial sector. If you’re looking for an opportunity to combine your leadership expertise with your technical passion, please reach out.