Position Description & Key Qualifications:
Are you passionate about investing? Are you a successful, creative, driven customer-facing product manager? Are you strategic in nature, yet have the ability to get down in the weeds and get stuff done? Do you love working in small, entrepreneurial organizations surrounded by like-minded, smart and entrepreneurial people, who are fired up about growing a great company? If this sounds like you, then please, keep reading.
Continued rapid growth has created the need for a passionate, creative, and successful Head of Products. InvestX is looking for a Head of Products to define their next-generation investment platform.
You will inspire the organization with your vision. You will be one of InvestX’s external key thought leaders. Leveraging your nimbleness and innovation, you will affirm InvestX’s place in the investment community. You report directly to the CEO and will be hands-on with all functional areas of the business to define and execute the overall product strategy.
You will build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your ongoing contact with clients, partners, and the market. You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You enjoy spending time with clients to understand their problems and create innovative solutions for the investment market.
- Set product strategy and direction. Define the product roadmap and market requirements for the short and long term success of the organization.
- Instill a client-listening culture by initiating and leading the execution of customer-facing activities including regular client and partner visits, industry events, and strategic speaking engagements.
- Foster and promote a partner-focused delivery model ensuring the partner’s voice is considered in every decision. Analyze potential partner relationships for the platform, and effectively manage key technology partnerships.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the executive team and other departments (sales, marketing, development, etc.) to drive the product roadmap.
- Develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating market requirements, competitive landscape, and establishing the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals.
- Produce high quality requirements and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key functionality on time and on budget.
- Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle processes from concept to launch. Deliver value-based prioritization of product development initiatives ensuring maximum ROI and market-driven alignment. Build solid business cases to support your ideas and product strategy.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan for the platform, working with all departments to execute. Define positioning, packaging, operational requirements, and pricing.
- Deliver world-class innovation in features, usability, and platform performance with consistent rhythm of releases. Define and manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing, delivering and launching product releases.
- Be the internal and external authority and advocate for the platform.
- Assure quality standards are being met and that legal documentation requirements are satisfied.
- 7+ years product management experience bringing enterprise software products (SaaS/PaaS) to market, including experience launching products internationally.
- Domain expertise in the investment industry (or similar) is required.
- Experience defining market and product requirements.
- Demonstrated track record of success. Not only do you deliver great products on time, you have exceeded expectations throughout your career.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- You are a leader by nature. People want to work with you, they want to follow you. You don’t demand respect, your earn it naturally.
- Proven track record of using data and metrics to define and justify market and product requirements, build business cases, and measure product performance.
- Experience creating positioning and messaging strategy and the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver inspiring presentations to key stakeholders and audiences.
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Fluent English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of UX best practices.
- Experience negotiating with, and influencing, stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to travel as required.
About the Company:
InvestX Capital Ltd. is a fast-growing, profitable, hi-tech start-up, launched in March 2014. They are backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Fin Alternatives, Dow Jones, Globe & Mail, Thomson Reuters, New York Times and others.
InvestX provides wealth managers, financial platforms, and their clients access to private “growth equity” investments like DocuSign, Spot ify, UBER, Pinterest, Dropbox, etc. in retail size allotments. Growth equity is currently one of the top performing asset classes. Before InvestX, private equity investing has been the exclusive domain of a small group of institutional investors. Through InvestX, accredited investors can access institutional quality, private equity, without the traditional multi-million dollar investment minimums.
For more information about the company please visit: www.investx.com