Our client is a financially stable and growing wireless product company in Burnaby. They are expanding their product line into Cloud IoT, M2M and other impactful industries, building on their track record of success. They are now looking for a hands-on Firmware Leader to facilitate this growth and assist the leadership team with product decisions and strategies as it relates to software/embedded design.
Summary of Job Position:
Working as part of our engineering team, you will provide “hands on” technical leadership to the firmware and software group. You will work closely with the Engineering Manager to develop tasking for other members of the firmware/software group. You will participate in the technical analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of embedded firmware on their product. This position will provide exposure to a wide range of skills and areas of expertise well suited for a highly motivated and detail-oriented candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Leadership of the Firmware/Software group, which includes senior and junior members.
- Management of deliverables to ensure the team is on track to meet near-term and roadmap goals.
- Participate fully in the software development life cycle of embedded firmware on the companies’ products
- Develop detailed software requirements and specifications
- Contribute to architectural and systems level design
- Prepare and review engineering documentation related to firmware and software.
- Provide suggestions for improvements to software design best practices and methodologies
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to keep the company’s technology current.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 5-7 years industry experience and success in firmware programming is an asset
- Proven experience in leading, coaching, mentoring and inspiring software teams
- Experience with embedded systems programming in C
- Experience with wireless technologies and protocols for data transfer, UDP, TCP, MQTT, CoAP
- Interest in IoT (Internet of Things), Machine to Machine (M2M) and industrial wireless communications.
- Experience with embedded systems software development in Linux and RTOS based environments.
- Experience with software design with portability and testability in mind
- General understanding of web-based technologies, databases, security protocols.
Personal Attributes and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to analyze larger problems and break them into smaller task
- Interest and/or experience in Wireless Data communications.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage other developers and keep work on “task”.
The company pays well, including potential equity participation and a healthy/flexible work environment.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit Amanda@corporate.bc.ca