Our client is a premier medical device development group that works on device design projects for North American and international customers.
They are based in Victoria and their project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
They offer a collegial, creative and casual working environment – their employees value the fun and collaborative environment.
We are looking for a customer-facing Project Manager that thrives on inspiring teams to meet their common goal. We have an experienced and capable team of engineers and designers to enable the success of ground-breaking medical device companies. You will lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver technical projects on time and on budget. You will be responsible for liaising with clients throughout the development process to ensure that expectations are met while using your knowledge of sound engineering practices and regulatory requirements to navigate projects in the ISO13485 environment.
- Lead and inspire design teams to develop new products and novel technologies from initial concept through detailed design.
- Initiate and lead effective brainstorming sessions that will spawn creative, open-minded, out-of-the-box thinking.
- Initiate and lead appropriate design reviews as required
- Interface with Business Development to support the transfer of new activities into Engineering
- Oversee the work of team members to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, company procedures, product requirements, and specifications.
- Support vendor quotations, POs and lead times to monitor BOM targets and ensure cost-effective manufacturing processes are chosen during design.
- Work closely with clients, team members, and vendors to ensure that schedules are met and budgets are controlled.
- Ensure that all required design and quality documentation is completed and all design processes are followed.
- Adhere to and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS), this will include developing and maintaining documentation
- Continue to support products through the manufacturing transfer and ongoing production. This includes creating and managing ECRs, ECO’s, and liaising with clients to resolve product issues.
- Engineering degree, physical science degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in a consulting environment is desired and experience in a regulated industry, whether medical or not, would be advantageous
- PMP certification is not required but we will consider experienced candidates with the qualification
- Experience with Software Development, CAD, FEA Analysis, Rapid Prototyping, PCB Layout, or Manufacturing processes is desired
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing similar projects is required to be successful in this role
Relocation support for the qualified candidate will be supported.