Our client is a large global life sciences company supplying the world’s research organizations with assays, biologics and equipment they need to cure cancer and other diseases. Headquartered in Vancouver, they have over 1000 employees in offices Canada, USA, France, England, Germany, Singapore and China. The company continues growing rapidly with an ever-expanding catalogue of products and a growing customer list of some of the most prestigious research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
In order to support their rapid growth, we are seeking a Director, Planning and Procurement to take responsibility for all aspects of the Demand Driven Planning and Procurement function globally and focusing on direct and indirect materials, parts, components, services, and capital equipment.
The Director will develop policies and procedures to ensure the efficient and cost-effective planning of raw material and finished goods inventory to meet customer demand, to source and negotiate major supply agreements, coordinate purchasing activities within a wide variety of internal departments, and to develop and implement risk mitigation and continuity of supply strategies. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Plan, lead and direct all aspects and functions of the global procurement team
- Manage supplier relationships and assume responsibility for all procurement procedures and activities
- Collaborate with internal teams to source, qualify and secure supplies in accordance with corporate strategy including financial, supply and quality goals
- Evaluate raw material risk exposure and work with global operation teams to develop and execute mitigation strategies
- Identify and evaluate new supplier partnership opportunities, industry best practices, market and/or competitive trends
- Lead and direct improvement in vendor and contract management processes globally
- Lead major and/or strategic supply agreement negotiations
- Recommend and implement operational improvements to drive efficient, low cost procurement administration and appropriate automation and to ensure an effective internal experience with the sourcing process
- Develop, lead and work within the parameters of a Demand Driven Operating Model to lead and remain accountable for global inventory management and production planning
- Provide leadership and expertise to set supply chain metrics to allow for optimal planning. Key metrics include customer order fulfillment/back orders, inventory valuation/turn and shelf-life service level.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to drive sales forecast and demand planning activities using Demand Driven S&OP methodologies
- Develop and oversee key performance indicators to measure and track progress against company goals
- Lead, manage, coach, develop and evaluate direct reports through regular one-on-one and team meetings and human resources programs.
- Reporting to the Senior Director of Supply Chain Operations, The Director of Planning and Procurement will directly manage the Procurement team of 10 direct reports and four Planning Managers with 16 indirect reports for a total of 30 people.
- The Director will also be required to make presentations to the executive leadership team from time to time as needs.
- Minimum graduate degree in Supply Chain or Business Management, with additional industry designations or training
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a supply chain planning or procurement management role in the life sciences sector
- Strong understanding and adoption of Demand Driven(MRP), Demand Driven S&OP methodologies and experience in developing a Demand Driven Operation.
- Experience operating in a production environment utilizing SAP S/4 Hanna is an asset
- Strong business acumen, with a broad organizational perspective to understand the impact of decisions
- International experience where complex contracts and logistics are utilized
- Proven track record of leveraging large suppliers to meet quality, price and delivery requirements
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team skills, supporting business units and other departments to meet business goals
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and standards; experience driving process improvements and best practices, including in e-procurement
- Proven people leadership and management skills, able to set a compelling vision that inspires individuals and teams to embrace change and continually focus on performance improvement
- Mature, committed, collaborative, and respectful
For more information please contact:
Sarah Applebaum firstname.lastname@example.org 604-639-9562
Tim Swanson email@example.com 604-639-9566