Position Description & Key Qualifications
Function Point, is experiencing steady growth and is predicted to double revenues in the next few years. To take advantage of this growth opportunity they are seeking a professional Product Manager to take the team and the product to the next level.
They are looking for a Director of Products to lead the creation and delivery of innovative, best-in-class software products. As a member of the company’s executive team, this role oversees the R&D and Product Design teams and directs all the company’s product innovation efforts. The Director of Products is expected to create an environment that fosters innovation while implementing new processes and approaches to improve productivity. The successful candidate is a dedicated team player who is tolerant of risk and uncertainty; thrives in a highly-technical, collaborative environment; and, has significant experience leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Creating the company’s technological innovation strategy to ensure its ongoing leadership position in their software domain, while simultaneously overseeing the translation of research discoveries into highly usable, marketable products
- Participating in the formulation of the company objectives, and working together with the leadership team to drive product adoption, improve the customer experience, and support the continued growth of the company
- Introducing appropriate processes to build a solid foundation for rapid growth
- Collaborating with the Director of Development Services to foster a creative technological environment and ensure the company achieves its long term technological vision
- Communicating to all relevant internal and external stakeholders the company’s technological vision, expertise and precision of execution
- Developing, implementing, and staffing an appropriate management structure by identifying skill gaps and taking a leadership role in recruiting the necessary talent.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science or similar
- Executive-level experience in building and leading product research & design, through the growth phase of a company
- Experience collaborating with software engineering teams through the growth phase of a company
- Experience in advanced research methodologies and system usage analytics
- Proven record of accomplishment in increasingly senior roles with respect to collaborating to foster the development and delivery of high quality software
- Strong analytical skills and technical competence to understand multi-disciplined complex products and develop a vision for the future
- Organizational and process design expertise – comfortable driving process improvement initiatives to ensure predictable results
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and high EQ
- Proactive, persuasive, communicative leader with the ability to articulate effectively at the executive team level as well as with multiple disciplines within the company
- Integrity – earns the respect of peers, subordinates, and clients
- Coaching leadership style – knows how to inspire exceptional effort with individuals and teams through engagement and empowerment to achieve results
- Good listener, with respect to team opinion, able to merge constructive input with own long term vision
- Accountable – will make, own and meet internal and external commitments
- Able to reconcile immediate goals and targets with rigorous methodology and consistency needed to build solid systems
- Confident and able to push back professionally on expectations when appropriate
- Dynamic – ability to think and move quickly to resolve issues
- A pragmatic ‘can do’ attitude
- Bachelor Computer Science or Combined Business Comp Science degree is an asset
- An MBA or other graduate-level business degree is an asset
- Leadership experience within a rapidly growing company is an asset
- Understanding of the professional services industry including project management, finance, and utilization is an asset
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Travel as required (< 25%)
- This is a Vancouver based position
About the Company
Function Point Productivity Software Inc. is a Vancouver based company and has been in business since the early 2000’s. The design, develop and sell productivity software for professional service firms. They have successfully onboarded hundreds of customers and they are committed to ensuring their client’s work is delivered on time and on budget. They have over 6000 users throughout Canada, United States, UK, Brazil, and Australia.
For more information about the company please visit: www.functionpoint.com
For more information about this opportunity please contact: Colin Farrell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-639-9563 and reference CF-172676.