- Obsess over delivering outstanding customer experiences?
- Bleed innovation, agility, and openness?
- Dream of a world where commerce is invisibly and unobtrusively woven into every digital experience?
- Inspire your peers and the market with your product leadership prowess?
- Want to make your mark on the commerce world?
If so, please read on …
We have a very unique position available for a passionate and creative leader to lead Product Management at Elastic Path. You will define their next-generation product. You will inspire the organization with your vision. You will be one of the company’s external key thought leaders. You will work with a seasoned team to deliver results. And through your agility and innovation you will assert Elastic Path’s place in an industry dominated by Goliaths.
You will report to the Vice President of Products and will be engaged with all functional areas of the business to define and execute on Elastic Path’s product strategy. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their problems, and bring to life innovative solutions for the broad market.
- Set product strategy and direction. Define both long term strategy and short term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results.
- Define the product roadmap and market requirements for current and future.
- Develop a customer-listening culture by initiating and leading the execution of customer-facing activities such as regular customer visits, customer councils, and win/loss calls.
- Foster and promote a leveraged partner-focused delivery model by ensuring that the voice of the partner is considered in every decision. Analyze potential partner relationships for the product, and effectively manage key technology partnerships.
- Develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating market requirements, define the competitive arena, and establish the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals. Produce high quality requirements and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget. Write user stories to communicate customer needs.
- Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle processes from concept to launch. Provide value-based prioritization of product development initiatives to ensure maximum ROI and market-driven alignment.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan for the product line, working with all departments to execute. Define positioning, packaging, operational requirements, and pricing.
- Deliver world-class innovation in features, usability and product performance in consistent cadence of releases. Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing, delivering and launching product releases.
- Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your given area of focus.
- Assure quality standards are being met and that legal documentation requirements are satisfied.
- A minimum of 7+ years’ product management experience bringing enterprise software products (locally deployed/SaaS/PaaS) to market, including experience with launching products internationally.
- Domain expertise in omnichannel commerce, online digital experience, or similar industries is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver new products or services
- Experience defining market and product requirements
- Proven track record of using data and metrics to define and justify market and product requirements, build business cases and measure product performance.
- Experience creating positioning/messaging strategy and ability to present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver insightful/inspiring presentations to large audiences.
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of UX best practices.
- Experience with of Agile / Kanban / Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with producing and delivering sales training and other go-to-market collateral.
- Experience negotiating with and influencing stakeholders
- Bachelor, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Competitive compensation package.
- You do not need to relocate to Vancouver but you must be willing to spend a minimum of one week a month at head office plus any travel required to meet your responsibilities as the head of product management for Elastic Path.
About the Company
Elastic Path helps the world’s biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its enterprise ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include market-leading firms such as Carnival, TIBCO, Time Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Virgin Media, and Western Union and many others. Elastic Path is partnered with leading companies such as Adobe, Amazon, SapientNitro and MRM//McCANN.
Headquartered in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC, Elastic Path offers a workplace that values “Being Open, Being Remarkable, Being the Customer, Being the Team”. Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Elastic Path employs approximately 100 team members in Canada, the UK and the US.
For more information on the company please visit www.elasticpath.com