Our client engineers and manufactures custom and off-the-shelf hardware devices for the communications industry. This stable, profitable company is poised for significant growth, and they are seeking a Director of Operations to develop the internal structure and systems needed to support this new phase.
About the Role:
The Director of Manufacturing Operations oversees management of all areas of so that products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. You are experienced in transitioning organizations to a continuous improvement/Lean environment, and have exceptional communication skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new opportunities constantly arise, requiring you to strategize new solutions which reduce waste and drive toward zero defects.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects, including plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc. in preparation for the move to a new facility
- Certification of new facility to ISO:9001 and ISO:9100 standards
- Develop manufacturing plan, establish operational procedures for achieving high company and customer product quality standards
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate team members. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Manage large intake of diverse incoming orders, spec components, and ensure timely delivery of order
- Manage supplies, people, product, and documentation
Experience & Qualifications:
- BEng in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience in RF design or manufacturing
- 10+ years in a leadership role in an electronic manufacturing facility
- In-depth knowledge of the engineering, materials, and quality functions
- Experience leading the implementation of a comprehensive management system across all departments within a factory, including establishing objectives, metrics, ownership, a cadence of reviews, and corrective actions when and where required
- Experience in a small/medium sized organization during growth phase.
- Exceptional communication and motivational skills
- Proven experience in juggling numerous (up to 30) projects at once, all needing immediate attention