Our client is a worldwide leader in measurement technologies for applications in the oil/gas, power/utilities, semiconductors and life science industries. Publicly listed, profitable, and leaders in their space, they are a 30-year old, BC success story. With a new CEO in place and a solid vision for the future, the company is transforming their operations to a Lean Manufacturing model and are seeking team members who can capitalize on their momentum. This is an exciting time for the company, as they will soon be moving to a new facility which has been planned to support the new Lean process. The Director of Manufacturing Operations will be critical in managing the move and resulting transition.
About the Role:
The Director of Manufacturing Operations oversees management of all areas of manufacturing, driving efficiencies and high quality standards to ensure that products are built on schedule and within cost objectives.
You have proven success in transitioning organizations to a Lean Manufacturing model, and have exceptional communication skills, creating clear communication lines between production and management. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new opportunities constantly arise, requiring you to strategize new solutions which reduce waste and drive toward zero defects. You are a true leader and attract, inspire and retain world class resources.
Experience & Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Able to develop, propose, and implement a Lean transformation within the entire company, on and off the production floor
- Understands and has implemented key elements of Lean, including 5S, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Events, etc.
- Ability to clearly articulate demonstrated results that have eliminated over-production, unnecessary motion, excessive inventory, over-processing, etc.
- Ability to articulate how to implement and/or improve all elements of a robust Quality System
- In-depth knowledge of the Engineering, Materials, & Quality functions and experience using a management system to drive continuous improvement in all of these functions:
- Materials: background in leading the Demand Management, Production Planning, Master Production Scheduling, Stockroom, and Logistics Management, including experience in Supply Chain Management
- Quality: experience in leading the quality efforts of a manufacturing site using the key elements of a quality system with a goal of zero defects generated by the manufacturing process.
- Engineering: fundamental understanding of all functions of Production Engineering, including Process, Industrial, Test, Quality & Facilities Engineering. Experience leading a Production Engineering team to excellence in the areas of carriable labour efficiency, scrap reduction, process improvement, and project management in the New Product Introduction arena. Demonstrated history of driving cost reduction programs with specific examples of how the efforts were initiated and completed.
- Experience managing a Purchasing Department that drives continuous improvement in the areas of Cost Reduction (PPV), quality, & delivery.
- Experience leading the implementation of a comprehensive management system across all departments within a factory, including establishing objectives, metrics, ownership, a cadence of reviews, and corrective actions when and where required.
- Must have experience in complex technology manufacturing, ie. medical, semiconductor, or aerospace
Kim Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kari LaMotte, email@example.com