Our client provides advanced scheduling decision support solutions to the global energy sector.
During the implementation process, their products often have to be integrated with other applications to ensure that all relevant data concerning schedules is available to the end users. We are looking for an intermediate to senior Database and Integration Consultant. In this role, you will (a) use your experience and knowledge of database development (such as writing SQL scripts and stored procedures) to help our customers support/maintain their integration components to other applications, as well as (b) lead new integration projects. You will work collaboratively with other product implementation consultants in various projects. Projects are intensive, short-term assignments between 1 – 3 months in duration. Your work will primarily be in the Vancouver office but may require some travel to customer sites (10% to 15% of the time). Travel is mostly in the U.S. with potential trips to Australia, the Middle East, Europe, and South America.
- Design and develop PL/SQL and T-SQL stored procedures for integration purposes
- Take on the role of database expert within the product implementation and support group
- Develop and maintain database read/write components for integration with third party applications
- Configure and deploy database and integration components
- Work with development team to enhance our product family’s database use.
Skills and experience
- BSc. in computer science or other related fields
- Experience working in the database field
- Strong proficiency with JDBC
- Strong proficiency in PL/SQL and T-SQL
- Thorough understanding of database performance issues
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with integration APIs
- Familiarity with Informatica or SSIS a plus
- Energy industry experience nice to have but not mandatory.
A flexible and cohesive work environment is offered; with option to work from home-base from time to time. You will work with a team of mature and experienced developers who thrive on learning from and mentoring each other.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org