Our client is a software product developer and leader in cloud-based solutions for the academic environment, serving all of North America.
We need an experienced Data Engineer to join their growing data warehouse team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing their data models and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Provide technical leadership through mentorship, coaching, and direction around data warehouse design and implementation.
- Instrumental in building out their data warehouse solution in a scalable, performant, and usable fashion.
- Design data pipeline architecture for their data warehouse
- Transform data models into performant star schemas for data warehouse.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc. CompSci/Informatics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouse design, data schema modelling, or ETL data pipelines
- Experience with enterprise data warehouse design, data modelling and star schema design.
- Experience with data pipeline E.T.L. tools, such as: Talend, Clover, Kettle or similar.
- Experience with B.I. tools, such as: JasperSoft, Tableau, or Microsoft PowerBI, or similar.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases (mySQL, Postgres, etc…)
- Strong proficiency with an object-oriented language, such as PHP, Java, Python, or similar
- Experience with AWS cloud services and some Big Data Warehousing tools will be advantageous, as is any exposure to tools like Hadoop, Spark, etc.
This is a great opportunity working with a progressive yet stable company with a healthy culture supported by core values.
Contact: Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org